Monday 13 October 2008

????? Prologue

I just thought I would share:

Tragedy. The fire blazed and licked up the walls.
Screams. Piercing the air. I felt so helpless. Glued to the spot. Wanting to help, but not able to move.
Sirens. Racing down the road toward the house.
I didn't know what to do. If I stayed, they'd have found me and finished me off, just like my friends. If I had called for help, that could have also been trouble. I didn't know who worked for who. They could have been one of them. I can't trust anyone.
So, I had to do what I thought best. I had to run.
I wasn't glued to the spot anymore. The fire no longer held me there. The sirens had stopped and only the lights still flashed. I could no longer hear the screaming, the terror loud in their voices. I had to leave. I couldn't stay any longer.
I turned my back on my past and that house, out to make a new future. Hopefully.
I ran.
BANG!

No comments:

 
Tree Hearts Blogger Template