Wednesday 23 July 2008

NYSF!!!

Sorry I haven't blogged about this sooner, but as they say, better late than never.

Almost two months ago, I registered for The National Youth Science Forum. This is a 12 day trip to Canberra to do with science, engineering, and IT. So, I gave my application forum, plus a letter, to my principle who is a member of the Kapunda Rotary Club for the Rotary to look over and think about whether they would like to tinterview me.

About a month ago, i received a letter from my principle stating that, two other members from Rotary, plus himself, would like to interview me. I was so nervous. I was getting tips from everyone about how to look confident and to just be myself and to keep smiling. :D. I went to the interview extremly nervous, to tell you the truth. I did smile lots nd laugh abit, but at the end of the day, i wasn't really being myself, thats something i will work on, but i still feel i did quite okay.

The next morning after our first meeting in ABW, my teacher, and hour after school had started, told me that she had a letter for me. She had no idea that i had actually been waiting all morning for it. My principle had said the previous day, after the interview, that he will contact me the following day with my results. I ran outside to open the letter because i didnt want to seem excited in front of my friends, just to find out that i didn't get to the next stage. One of my best mates, Saz, also ran out with me. My hands were actually shaking as i open the envelope. I GOT TO THE NEXT STAGE! I was so excited. My principle wanted to see me about stuff that i could improve on before my next interview.

A couple of days later, i actually received a phone call from NYSF asking if i was free that Sunday for my next interview. I was so not ready, and i was busy, so i was un-able to attend that interview. They said, thats okay and that they will send me a timetable of when my interview would be.

The reason i am telling you this today, is because i actually got my email this afternoon, telling me that my interview is this Sunday, 1:30-3:30pm. When i read it, i was excited because i finally got it, i had been checking my emails everyday, wondering when i wuld get it. But i was also nervous because i read what would be happening. I'm semi nervous about the individual interview, i'm not really nervous about the group activities, but i am really nervous about the 3 minute talk on anything i choose, that i have to prepare. I dont no what to talk about.

Anyway, i should go. I need to research for my talk. A suggestionn was put forwards about talking about chocolate. I like chocolate :$ lol.

Anyway, its 5:10am and i should go. Bye bye

No comments:

 
Tree Hearts Blogger Template